May 12, 2006

Bookshelves Wanted

Now that the semester has drawn to a close, I have to take care of a few things around the house. One thing is that my wife hates clutter, but it doesn't bother me. So the problem occurs when you have more books than shelves. So, yesterday I boxed up some things from undergrad and some of my wife's books (hehehe), and made some room. Now, all my books are coming together in appeasement to my wife, good stuff.

Seriously, though, while sifting through all my books and papers and stuff, I was thinking about how consumerism plays a role even on my book shelves. Now not that I own a bunch of crappy books...only the best baby...but that I have so many. Around 10 or so unread that I really hope to read this summer. I can walk into any other kind of store except a book store and walk out with nothing, and not want anything. So, I find this is something I have to ask for Christ to help me detach myself more and more, so I don't become a book whore.