August 16, 2006

Blessings of Retreat

Today, I met with some other folks from school to prepare for spiritual mentoring this coming fall. The morning began with some intro's of what God had done for us this summer, then we had like 3 to 3:30 hours of quiet, then some discussions afterwards...and boy did I need it all. I've allowed myself to be so consumed with sacramental mustang that I've been missing out on so much of my normal routines. I look forward to getting back into them this fall.

This summer has been so busy that I haven't taken the time to sit, listen, and reflect. Our leader asked us to open with what God had done for us this summer. At first I thought, uhm, nothin'. Then as I sat and reflected God swarmed my mind with the many graces and much love that has been sent to me over the past few months.

Also, I began the silent time by walking the labrynth. Man it was hot outside, but I loved it. God used it to speak to me. I feel rested and prepared for this semester...that is of course until Tuesday when it actually starts.

No comments: